Frequently Asked Questions
1. That's a Cake??? Yep! Our creations are all baked onsite, moist cake is stacked, sometimes sculpted, frosted in buttercream frosting, with a variety of filling options. We cover cakes with a thin layer of fondant to achieve a clean look. We specialize in perfect buttercream covered, ganache drip, and naked cakes. We have many edible, sugary tricks up our bakers-coat-sleeves to achieve those amazingly realistic details!
2. How much time is required to place custom cake orders? We suggest placing your order 4-6 weeks prior to your event date. There are certainly instances when we can create last minute cakes, please give us a call.
3. What is the best way to place a custom cake order? All of our cakes are custom made to your specifications. The order process begins with a visit during our walk-in consultation hours or by appointment. During your consultation you will be given the opportunity to taste our standard cake flavors and present ideas on your cake theme. We will work with your budget and design ideas to create a unique rendering of your cake. Your order is placed, once a contract is signed and a 50% deposit is collected. All cake order deposits must be made in person with the remaining balance payment completed 10 days prior to cake pickup/delivery.
4. What are the price ranges? Pricing is determined by unique variables, including- serving size and custom design.
Our custom cakes start at $250 (approximately 8-10 servings) Larger more intricate cakes start at $400 and up. Cupcakes start at $30 per dozen, Sugar Cookies at $54 per dozen, Push pops and Cake Pops at $54 a dozen.
5. Does BCakeNY sell cakes to go? Yes, subject to availability. A variety of cupcakes and cookies are available in store daily.
6. What are the most popular flavors? Spongy vanilla cake with whipped vanilla buttercream, moist chocolate cake with airy chocolate mousse, luxurious red velvet cake with light cream cheese frosting, strawberry cream cake with strawberry buttercream, blue velvet cake with light cream cheese frosting, pumpkin cake with chai buttercream, hearty carrot with light cream cheese frosting, almond with raspberry buttercream, coconut cake with toasted coconut buttercream, Patron cake with Patron buttercream, Barbancourt Rhum cake with Barbancourt Rhum buttercream, Hennessy cake with Hennessy buttercream*. That's right I said Henny!
* Contains Alcohol
Just ask us to recreate your favorite flavors, we offer custom tastings charges may apply.
7. Are gluten-free, egg-free or vegan products offered at BCakeNY? We offer gluten-free, egg-free and vegan cake options to meet the dietary needs of our clients.
8. Are BCakeNY cakes shipped to other states? We offer delivery out of state, just give us a call for rates and more information. The BCakeNY team can be engaged to design and assemble a cake in other states/countries when airfare and expenses are pre-paid by client.
9. Do you offer cake decorating classes? Yes! For our current offerings click here.